Prev: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: [FT] WotW

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:41:48 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW

G'day Charles,

 >With two dedicated firecons/target, HNBs can
 >fire as a single normal needle beam between 12 mu and 24 mu.

Why the need for two firecons to get extra range? I can't really explain

it, but something isn't sitting right with me here.

 >Sniper Gun (Me - Charles Taylor)....
 >
 >Alternatively, just use the statistics
 >for a Needle Beam from FB1 but
 >with a different PSB.

I think I'd go with this too. The anti-shipping ability doesn't really
sound like its worth it.

 >Phalon Needle Fire Control (Me again)....
 >
 >Existing Comments: (Oerjan) OK. Or the Pulsers
 >could simply be allowed
 >N tuning in addition to their current C, M and L ones.
 >
 >(Charles) On second thoughts I think I'll go with Oerjan's suggestion
-
 >however, I have some questions: should only 1-arc Pulsars be
 >configurable for Needle mode, if not, should a pulsar that is
configured
 >for Needle mode be restricted to 1 fire arc (chosen from those of the
 >Pulsar), finally, can a Pulsar-N be used as a point defence system?

First reaction would be when tuned to N they have one arc and can't PDS,

but then I can't think of a good reason why they can't be used as
PDS....
maybe to give concentrated N fire they can't move quickly enough to be
PDS..... which begs the question of how they could then track the bit
ethy're trying to chop off another ship they're needling. Mmmmm, maybe
they
should be allowed after all.

 >Sa'Va'Sku Needle Pod (T) (Me)

Of the three I like this the most. I don't think needle pods should be
able
to target more than one ships with one shot, though if you want to try
and
take out multiple targets per ship you could up biomass and energy
requirements, 1 biomass and 3 power PER system to be targeted. Just a
thought.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens