Prev: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: Wartime references for Aliens

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:38:57 -0600
Subject: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

***
How about 'Krocs' as a take both on their name and appearance ?
Should also work in various other human languages
***

After my poor attempt at rhyming slang for the Phalons, I realized I was
making an acceptable unacceptable form, probably what you'd expect of
lowly
grunt, and probably NAC at that. ;->=

Karl took up a point I had in mind, that the different powers' different
languages and cultures would have 'local' polite and vulgar forms, as
well
as nicks that could be shared by all humans. Unless Karl has objections,
I'd like to suggest Kroc as a common though not quite vulgar
appellation,
attributed in origin to NSL soldiers.

Karla could be an intel common term. I think Kill Vics is short, harsh,
and
ties in with Kilo Victor, the kind of thing I'd expect NAC assault units
use.

Too weird?

Prev: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens