Prev: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:45:45 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

In message
<E50E940B390AD31192BB0008C7A4E3F202AB3820@1crp234.corp.disney.com>,
Daniel.Casquilho@exchange.corp.disney.com writes:

> > As a few of you know already I no longer game in 25/28mm, I have
> > been steadily unloading my 25's for the past year or so now.
>
>	Stuart made me think, some of the others I know have started to
get
> out of 25/28mm scale and are moving to 10/15mm.
>
>	Is this a trend overall or just in the Los Angeles area?

A good question.  I always felt that 15mm was getting more play, but
that's
certainly from a disadvantaged viewpoint.  I have seen manufacturers who
sell 25mm say that 25mm sales are increasing, but that's probably biased
info at best and marketing lies at worst.  It's hard for most of us to
have an idea of the big picture.

Me, I mostly do 15mm, for the same reasons everybody else listed.  I
primarily moved to 15mm just because it made SG2 feel better at that
scale.	I never really realized how cramped 28mm+ figures felt until
I moved to 15mm.  Price wasn't really why I started playing 15mm, but
by god it's one of the reasons I stay!	I can buy SG2 squads for less
than $4.00, and have an airbourne company (4 9 man squads and 4 VTOLs)
for less than $30.00.  They also paint up quicker, allowing you to

Prev: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens