Prev: Re: More from others please!! Re: [DS] An incomplete AAR :-) Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Especially first timers! Re: More from others please!! Re: [DS] An incomplete AAR :-)

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:15:27 -0600
Subject: Especially first timers! Re: More from others please!! Re: [DS] An incomplete AAR :-)

Joe Ross wrote:

> I just wanted to say that I love reading about games and peoples'
> strategies... I always try to picture them in my head.. please post
more
of
> these!!!

And, new players have an embarrassing, to us long timers, knack for
finding
ambiguously worded or contradictory rules. I know that we're often
presented with items folk have taken for granted, only to discover that
other interpretations seem equally valid. It's how FAQ's and new
editions
are made. ;->=

I know that I often find a newbie's first  run-though questions mirror
ones
that I've been too embarrassed or lazy to ask, especially on the gropo
games, with which I've only dabbled. They often seem shy for imposing,
when
they certainly offer some of the best points.

I have to hope Jon finds them nearly as useful. Not only no stupid
questions, but you actually are pointing out forests missed for the
trees!

The_Beast

PS I know some of the critiques can seem rigorous; I'm pretty much
intimidated by the thought that Oerjan will have comments about anything
I'd suggest, but everyone is very supportive, and the quality of
analysis

Prev: Re: More from others please!! Re: [DS] An incomplete AAR :-) Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing