Prev: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: That Age Thing

PA books

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:02:41 -0500
Subject: PA books

For some reason, the names Sassinak and Death of Sleep (Jody Lyn
Nye?/Ann
McCaffree?/CJ Cherryh? - some of those three...) comes to mind. I
recollect
a great deal of detail made out of suits of PA used in FMAS style
boarding
combat (to repel boarders). It also made comments about how (as your
skill
increased with PA), you could turn the amplification of reflex and
muscle to
higher levels. A semi competent user had to set to 110-150%. A
profficient
user about 200%, a good user 250-300%. A true expert could go as high as
400% for short bursts. This is like reflecting the increasing quality of
troops as a factor in their reactions and combat quality (and the
doubling
of PA...).

My 0.02. I'm going into hybernation now to prepare for FMAS at GZG ECC.
And
to finish preparing Team Red Maple for the Full Thrust game on Sunday
morning. Two SG2 players from Canada vs. the Elite American FT team....
it
should be interesting. We'll give them a go.....  <*grin*>

I expect a good turnout for post Friday and Post Saturday night gaming -
Probably Formula De, Lunch Money, Trailer Park Gods, and other
strangeness
until our constitution fails us.... <Game or Die!>

Tomb

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

You are what you do when it counts. -- The Masao
from John Steakey's Armour

Prev: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: That Age Thing