Prev: (SG) New GMS rounds Next: And a reply to needle beams on FullThrust@yahoogroups.com

Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:08:54 EST
Subject: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:35:13 -0500 "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> writes:
>> Okay, other then play balance, which is valid, what logic disallows
>> Needle Beams from hitting 'core systems' in ships?
>
>The ship has an outer layer which has surface systems--radars,
>weapons, etc--and an inner core which has CIC, fusion bottle, etc.
>Needles put a high energy burst into a surface target but it doesn't
>penetrate through multiple decks.

(trying foolishly to keep the scale of the ship and the scale of the
'firefight' both in mind)  "Um, okay, if you say so..."  <grin>

I still find the 'core systems' aren't specific objects as  much as
'catastrophic events' easier for my particular perversion of canon
PSB...

Bottom line, most people find it unbalancing to use Needle Beams for
targeting core systems.  Okay, I am in a minority.  Been there before.
will keep it specific to certain scenarios in my "Starguard Conversion
FT/DS2 Campaign" setting - where only the otherwise somewhat bland
extremely paranoid to the point of mild to moderate xenophobia Nektons
will be routinely mounting Needle Beams on their ships.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: (SG) New GMS rounds Next: And a reply to needle beams on FullThrust@yahoogroups.com