Prev: Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:08:58 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List

***
I've always felt that Henlein's Starship Troopers and Joe Haldeman's
Forever
War should bee the bookend books of your sci-fi military bookshelf. One
at
each end to know that good ficition embraces it all.
***

Certainly my point of view, though I've grown to find the Heinlein's
style
a little grating.

***
The movie of Starship Troopers could best be used as toilet paper,
however
the filmstock is abrasive and tends to chafe one's butt even when used
in
this fashion.
***

On this, we must accept, as proven, that men of conscience and taste
must
learn to agree to disagree.

Many, however, will notice that Verhoeven is one of the executive
producers
of Roughnecks. Perhaps he is holding out an olive branch to those
disappointed with the film. ;->=

Any further discussion should probably go direct. Thanks!