Prev: Re: That Age Thing Next: Forwarded "While we are talking books" message

More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:58:57 EST
Subject: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

From: Stargrunt-Fullthrust@yahoogroups.com
To: Stargrunt-Fullthrust@yahoogroups.com
<snip>
Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:14:52 -0000
   From: triphibious@juno.com
Subject: Needle Beams redux

Okay, other then play balance, which is valid, what logic disallows
Needle Beams from hitting 'core systems' in ships?

We are talking targets over 'long' distances and that are points
essentially.

For the non-Cartographers here, I think of a point as a location that
has (literally or essentially) no length, width, or depth.  Unlike
lines which have measurable lingth and areas which have 2 dimensions
(at least.)

So a system that targets a point in space over significant distances
lacks the last bit of 'reach' to penetrate the center of a starship?
It seems to me that is (again other then the play balance thing) a
big
PSB...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: That Age Thing Next: Forwarded "While we are talking books" message