Prev: RE: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: That Age Thing

Re: Powered Armor Reading List

From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@m...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:07:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Powered Armor Reading List

"Mark A. Siefert" wrote:

> Hello all:
>     After ordering a cadre of Eli's Retro PA figs, I'm on sort of a
powerd
> armor reading binge.	I've just finished re-reading "Starship
Troopers" for
> the 32nd time, and I've waiting for Haldeman's "The Forever War" and
> Steakley's "Armor" to come to be via inter-library loan.  (The Muskego
> Public Library doesn't have much of a selection unless your into Louis
> Lamoure westerns and paperback romance novels.)  I was wondering if
anyone
> else can think of some other military sci-fi novels where powered
armor
> plays a prominent role?

	There have been a lot of good suggestions here, but there's one
that I
can add, and that's the _Exordium_ series by Sherwood Smith and Dave
Trowbridge (the books are _The Phoenix in Flight_, _Ruler of Naught_, _A
Prison Unsought_, _The Rifter's Covenant_, and _The Thrones of Kronox_).
PA is not the point of the stories, but the Arkadic marines use PA.
Warning: some of the books in the series can be QUITE hard to find (I
think #2 and #4, possibly also #3, so you may want to make sure you have
access to all of them). The last one also has a section on what's
necessary for PA training in that universe. The books are also just very
good books in their own right, and the rest of the universe merits
examination too - it's just a pity that the technology and space combat
couldn't really be integrated into FT.

Prev: RE: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: That Age Thing