Prev: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Powered Armor Reading List

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:04:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Powered Armor Reading List

At 08:38 PM 2/22/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello all:
>    After ordering a cadre of Eli's Retro PA figs, I'm on sort of a
powerd
>armor reading binge.  I've just finished re-reading "Starship Troopers"
for
>the 32nd time, and I've waiting for Haldeman's "The Forever War" and
>Steakley's "Armor" to come to be via inter-library loan.  (The Muskego
>Public Library doesn't have much of a selection unless your into Louis
>Lamoure westerns and paperback romance novels.)  I was wondering if
anyone
>else can think of some other military sci-fi novels where powered armor
>plays a prominent role?

There's an anthology called (I think) _Body Armor 2000_, or something
like
that.  I own it; but I can't remember the editor, and therefore can't
find
it right now....  The stories were of uneven quality, bur some of them
were
quite good.

David Drake's _Northworld_ had some PA in it...I assume that the sequels
did as well, but I gave up on the book halfway through, so I can't be
certain.

Damn.  I know that there must be more, but I can't think of any right
now.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing