Prev: RE: Re: Odd Alarishi sovereignities [was Re: [OT]: GROPOS] Next: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:53:43 EST
Subject: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

In a message dated 2/21/01 11:02:49 PM Central Standard Time,
siefertma@wauknet.com writes:

> Although my Dad is somewhat religious, and pretty conservative, he is
no
> where near the level ecclesiastic zeal that my Uncle Scott reaches.
(BTW,
> he's my mother's brother, not my father's.) Unlike my Uncle,	Dad
never
> feared that my gaming would condemn my soul to Perdition, he just
thought is
> was weird.
>
> Later,

It might be interesting and further your understanding to ask him to
explain
"why" he feels the way he does. Encourage a dispassionate discussion but
get
to the why. If he can express it, perhaps he will sense its irrelevance
in
the long run. He never will, if he does not understand the "why" of his
feelings, and he surely won't analyze it for himself. Given that that
fails,
I would encourage him to choose whatever he likes to read as long as he
will
extend the same right to others. If not, then coldly ignoring his
"daggers"
is the best route to family peace AND getting your own back in the
process.

Scott (who is NOT your uncle to my best knowledge)

Prev: RE: Re: Odd Alarishi sovereignities [was Re: [OT]: GROPOS] Next: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing