Prev: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:51:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

----- Original Message -----
From: <devans@uneb.edu>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 12:51 PM

> ***
> >to just a waste of time and space
>
>     That's something else I've noticed in this day and age:  The
downright
> hostility toward hobbies of anykind.	Gamers like ourselves, stamp
> collectors, models builders, amatuer historians, fly fishers, and
other
> esoteric pursuits have probably heard the phrase "get a life" more
than
> once.  Just what, pray tell, I am SUPPOSED to be doing when I'm not
> sleeping
> or working to fed, clothe, and shelter myself?
> ***
>
> Relax, Mark. I meant it when 'she had a point'. And, she's NEVER
actually
> called it a waste of time, just that she hates the clutter of my
> unorganized storage of games and materials takes up in 'her house'.
While
> some will recognize the refrain as being painfully close to home, I
think
> many would agree with her if they saw my 'mess'.

    Oh no, Dean.  I was talking about your SO in particular, I was
speaking
about people in general.
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

       "Live each day as if it were your last. It's an extremely
 stressful way to live, but it does motivate a person."

     --Michael J. Nelson
       "Life 101"

E-MAIL: siefertma@wauknet.com	WWW: http://www.homegame.org/siefert

Prev: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing