Prev: [CON] GZG ECC - Feb 22 - Last day to preregister Next: [OT, Ya think?] Trainspotting Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: [OT]: GROPOS

From: "Alex Kettle" <squawk@c...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:12:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]: GROPOS

Sorry all for dragging on the OT post...

>Fine by me; while some info on the figs were of interest, especially
for
>use in DS/SG, I stick by my suggestion of details about the games
>themselves should be by directions to other discussions.
>
>Thanks for the info so far.
>
>The_Beast

Well I've been told they're getting ready to release info on the game,
so I
can start dropping info if anyone has any specific questions on the
rules.
The rules are specific to B5 for now, but they are being written so that
they will be the main rules set for a generic game- you'll have the
option
of designing races from the ground up with certain racial
characteristics
etc. then move on to design the vehicles for the races from hull types
up to
weapons etc etc.
In GROPOS, you build your units based on the type of company you'll be
using
(IE for Earth Alliance you see Mechanized Infantry, Armoured, Air
Cavalry
etc.). From the lists for each company choice you get options on the
numbers
and types of platoons for it and the command and support units. The game
is
designed to be played at the Company level and larger.
I don't know how interested anyone is so I won't go on about it- but if
anyone wants more details, you can check out the GROPOS forum at
b5wars.agentsofgaming.com  or email me off list at
squawk@csolve.net    or  akettle@mdsintl.com (in the evenings)
As to the minis- I haven't seen any in person, so I don't know how
compatible they are with other sizes...but aren't N scale and the new HG
scale both pretty close to 10mm?

Later,
Alexander Kettle,
Upper Canada Battle Group