Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:34:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

> since most of us on the list are married with children, we must
consider
> what we introduce to our kids -- even wargaming.  if I show them only
> bloody combat where only winnning counts, I failed as a father.  if I
can
> teach them about history and the joy of meeting/knowing other people,
then
> I've given them something valuable.  it's all a matter of what the
goal of
> the teaching is and how it's approached.  our home already has many
lessons
> on war, fighting, selfishness, defending what's right, and how to
> distinguish them.
>
> good luck to you with your families and wargaming.

Nicely said.  My 14 year-old daughter plays in our regular D&D game, and
just this week she asked if she could join me for the FT game I'm
hosting
this saturday to see what its like.  My wife, while she enjoys
roleplaying,
I beleive does show some patience when it comes to my miniatures,
because,
well, you can never seem to have enough!  She shows great restraint, and
every once in a while even lets me indulge!

I've always felt that its important to involve family in my gaming
activities, and its a wonderful way to spend time together!

George

Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing