Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:14:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Mike Stanczyk wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Bif Smith wrote:
>
> > I don`t have this problem with family, due to my father being a
train
> > spotter (the worst kind, who does have a anorack). This is a good
reason
> > that they cannot complain about my hobbies <G>.
> >
> > BIF
> > "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
> > strong in arms, thick in head"
>
> Ok, I missed it.  Train spotter?  Ok, just tell me where FAQ is...

A 'train spotter' is someone who spots trains.

<ducks>

In North America they're usually know as 'railfans' - people who head
out
in all sorts of weather to oogle freight trains. Frequently obsessive
souls - not unlike wargamers, but generally with better tans.

In the UK they seem to have the rep of absolute strangeness... the
'anorak' thing is also uniquely British.

Brian, who spent his teenage years sort of railfanning with his mother,
then 'advanced' to wargaming... - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing