Prev: re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "Jalinth Kirkwood" <canieda_elgorn@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:54:55 -0500
Subject: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

> >  >gamer-turned-fundementalist uncle
> >  >would bring up, right along with the whole
> >  >"gaming is SATANIC" mantra.

Here is my recollection of my only conversation with one of those
"gaming is
SATANIC" people

Nut: Do you realize that by playing these games you are endangering your
very soul to eternal damnation? Dungeons and Dragons was created by
worshipers of Satan to seduce young people into his service!

Me: 3 things. In response to your first statement: To damn late. In
response
to your second statement: D&D has absolutely nothing to do with my
worship
of the dark lord. We have a much more sophisticated methods of gaining
worshipers then any pissy-little game. And finally IT'S NOT SATAN DAMN
IT!
HE'S NOTHING BUT A MINOR DEMON! THE DARK LORDS NAME IS BEELZEBUB!

With that I walked away muttering.

The look of horror on his face was simply priceless. My seeming
conviction
at what I said was true really threw him off. It was simply great.
Whether
it did any good or not I don't know, but It was sure fun :-)

Of course none of what I said about my worship of Satan was true. In
fact I
am confirmed in the United Church of Canada, my sister teaches Sunday
school, my Father is an elder with the church, and my mother is doing
her
internship to be a minister. :-)

Prev: re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing