Prev: Beginnings? Re: That Age Thing Next: RE: That Age Thing

Re: That Age Thing

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:05:26 -0600
Subject: Re: That Age Thing

I'm 26 and I've been gaming (starting with my first RPG, Star Frontiers)
since I was 12.    Most of the pepople I game with are around my age,
with a
couple of teenagers and fellows in their 40s thrown in to make a rather
reasonable bell curve.	Naturally, the rest of civilization considers my
interests in gaming--not to mention science fiction, animation, and
toys--to
be "childish."	When I explained what miniature wargaming is to one of
my
co-workers I was told "you are the only grown man I know who STILL plays
with toys."  Although She-Who-Is-Not-To-Be-Named originally thought
gaming
was interesting, she eventually used it as one of her reasons for
dumping
me.  ("Your 24... These games are for children.  You've got to grow up
sometime, or else...")	My father will shake his head saddly whenever he
sees me painting or packing my stuff togther for a night at the local
game
store.

    I have just one question:  What's the age limit on having a good
time in
this society?  Where is does it say (beside that stupid St. Paul quote)
that
I can't have a little "childish" fun?	 Huh.... HUH!!!  ANSWER ME!
<sob.... sob....>

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

       "Live each day as if it were your last. It's an extremely
 stressful way to live, but it does motivate a person."

     --Michael J. Nelson
       "Life 101"

E-MAIL: siefertma@wauknet.com	WWW: http://www.homegame.org/siefert

Prev: Beginnings? Re: That Age Thing Next: RE: That Age Thing