Prev: Re: [FT] The Cloaking Device v0.2 Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:03:12 +1100
Subject: Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun

G'day Bif,

I haven't had a chance to look over your ideas as yet, but was wondering
if
all classes in version (1) all use the same "cone of fire" template and
if
in version (2) you meant they only hit one ship/

 >A a aside, does anybody else out there
 >consider wave gun not too OTT compaired
 >to normal FT guns/ships, and should be
 >allowed in FT games?

Yep, though I haven't done the work to make them completely sounds as
yet.
I also think it has to do with whether you play vector or not. In vector

you see a lot more damage faster and the wave gun pails in comparison in
my
experience, while in cinematic I think it has the potential to have a
much
larger impact on a game as damage is spread over many more turns and
isn't
as concentrated.

 >I know if they were allowed as standard,
 >they would probably become standard
 >fit on capitol ships <HE,HE>).

I'd doubt that actually ;)
You have to power them up, they cost a lot and weigh a fair bit (as far
as
I can remember) and they effect what other systems can fire, its just
not
worth the effort in most cases.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [FT] The Cloaking Device v0.2 Next: Re: FMAS names