Prev: RE: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: FMAS names

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:04:41 -0500
Subject: Re: FMAS names

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:31:53 +1100, "Owen Glover"
<oglover@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>Bayonet Point

Sounds too much like a 19th century game.

>Cold Steel

Same thing. It sounds like sabres and bayonets. In fact, I did a Google
search
on '"cold steel" wargame'. Every entry used the term "cold steel" to
represent
swords. I found reference to "Cold Steel" being used for the name of an
18th
century miniatures rules set.

>Man Down

This could work, though it's a bit sexist for a sci-fi game. Wonder if
we can
come up with another term than "man"?

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: RE: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names