Prev: Re: [FT]-escort ships Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: FMAS names

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:56:27 -0800
Subject: Re: FMAS names

>By the way... Everyone knows where the term "bugs" comes from when
regarding
>aliens (Starship Troopers or Aliens, take your pick). I remember
talking to
>someone who didn't realise that "Bugs Don't Surf" is a take off on a
phrase in
>a war movie! I know the movie (don't have it on DVD yet), but can
anyone else
>name the movie, the actual phrase, and the name of the character saying
the
>phrase? *G*

Apocalypse Now.

The scene went something like this:
There is this colonal who wants to go into VC terratory because it has
good
surfing, one of his command staff is unsure of the whole thing.

Trooper:"I don't know sir, it's pretty crazy up there. That's Charlie's
point."

Colonel Kilgore (Robert Duvall): "Charlie Don't Surf!"

Robert Duvall's character also had the line "I love the smell of napalm
in
the morning."

Ndege Diamond--Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

Prev: Re: [FT]-escort ships Next: Re: FMAS names