Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: [FT]-escort ships

RE: FMAS names

From: "Owen Glover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:17:56 +1100
Subject: RE: FMAS names

I'll take the bait.

Apocalypse Now, "...Charlie don't surf....." said by Col Kilgour (Robert
Duvall). The whole purpose in the movie of the air assault onto the
beach/village was so that Kilgour could have his boys surf on that
particular beach!

Way back when, we used to have a guy who would get drunk on bourbon and
sit
in semi darkness in his room in barracks (he was a Corporal - US Army
Sergeant equiv- Section Commander so had his own room - called a Jack
Room)
and watch Apocalypse Now with the sound turned off but reciting much of
the
script......not really weird ....but creepy...

Owen G

Don't