Prev: Re: [CON] GZG ECC IV - Two weeks to go.... Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:48:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive

> >I would hope that they do affect them.  I would imagine that the
> affect >on the missiles homing systems would be the same as on Fire
> >Control Systems.
>
> That's exactly the problem. If you look at the Jammer rule, you'll
find
> that enemy FCSs within 6mu get a target lock *automatically* - you
have
> to be more than 6mu away from the enemy in order to get any benefit
> from your Jammer.

I'd forgotten that part of the rule.  To be honest, I don't agree with
it,
since it never seemed to work that way in Babylon 5.

However I do see argument for MANNED weapons to be able to engage within
certain distance since they can physically see the target.  Since 6MU
seems
to be the magic number for fighter squadrons to engage, I'd go with
that.

George

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG ECC IV - Two weeks to go.... Next: Re: FMAS names