Prev: Re: Pendraken 10mm SST Mini Pix! Next: Re: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages

Re: Pendraken 10mm SST Mini Pix!

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:56:08 EST
Subject: Re: Pendraken 10mm SST Mini Pix!

First, I was probably dead wrong to take offense at the post you had
written.  Second to make that clear I have Cc:ed my apology and response
to the list since I made 'ugly' there I should make peace there.  At
least that's what I was taught as a child.

I apologize for the tone of my post.  That was not my best performance
and it should have been saved (the draft) for another day to be re-read
before posting.  It seems you did not mean a patronizing tone and I
simply took it wrong.  I was wrong.  I apologize.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:15:57 -0800 Michael Brown <mwbrown@veriomail.com>
writes:
>I'm replying off list as this had the tones to "possibly" become
>heated.  I'm
>curious with your choice to move to 6/10mm and not 15mm.  I have
>HORDES of
>6/10mm (ACW, Napys, Colonials, SF, WWII, WWI, Fantasy) and I find that
>I am now
>parting with them and moving to 15's.

And you want what for them? <grin>

> Mostly this is due to the group
>I game
>with,

Always a critical factor in what we are exposed to in gaming.

> at 40 I'm a young guy.

My 12 and 1/2 year old daughter twould think you 'old' - I'm 'ancient'.
My seven year old would probably agree, at least about me... <grin>

> The other is that there is more common
>ground (
>terrain, players) in 15's.

Again, that is not the experience in my game group (or at least they
keep
them hidden) locally.  And 15mm bushes might make nice 6/10mm trees.
<grin>

> I also think that they will survive better
>to pass
>on to my kids.

An impossible statement to evaluate objectively but i will trust your
evaluation is 'correct' for your war game environment.	One never knows
what will be popular 10 years from now...

> I chose to go with 6/10mm when Microarmor was king,
>now I wish
>I had not waited.
>
>Michael Brown

Funny how individual experiences vary so much.	I started with 25mm
historicals then 25/28mm FRPG figures then micro armor (other peoples)
and on via board games and then computer games back to miniatures (side
trips to plastic 1/72nd, 1/76th, 1/87th, 20mm) and have finally decided
to finish my game life (I'm 50) using 25mm for skirmish (1500-1700 North
America, Dwarf/enemies Fantasy armies,	SF such as Starguard) and 6mm SF
battles (using WW2/Modern vehicles/figures as I want) [and to link the
25
and 6mm SF stuff.]  I have use for 10 and possibly 15 mm figures in SF
skirmish since I have several smaller species in my campaign setting
where they might fit.

Of course I will gladly play any scale/rules some else provides two or
more armies for on a game table! <grin>  Maybe even GW stuff.

Interestingly I have never owned and seldom seen 15mm figures until last
year at a local con.  *Maybe* once or twice before then but if so I do
not remember it (if I did I probably didn't realize it.)  Strange but
true.  And I have played war games since I was 9 (1959).

Historicals: I am moving for 'battle' games to 6mm (some Ancients) and
25MM skirmish (Medieval/maybe Dark Ages) and looking very seriously at
10mm for MAW, Marlburian and maybe ACW (an era I never thought would
interest me.)

Fantasy:  I will keep my multiple hundreds 25mm dwarf army and build up
some enemies...  I am unsure whether I want 6mm or 10mm for 'mass'
battle
rules (which I am looking to buy eventually unless I write my own
strange
brew.)

I don't plan to pass on my figures to my girls (my adult sons have no
interest) but I like the intent of your plan.  I will probably give them
to a close friend, local club or some young gamer when I pass on to
heaven.  My wife knows this and should she die first i have decided to
put that in my will.  Enough of this part of the thread.

Funny, you said "... I chose to go with 6/10mm when Microarmor was king,
now I wish
I had not waited."  I regret not going to 6mm earlier.	Different
experiences determine our preferences (in part at least) it seems.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Pendraken 10mm SST Mini Pix! Next: Re: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages