Prev: Re:FMAS names Next: Re: General EMP Thoughts

Re: General EMP Thoughts

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:51:25 -0800
Subject: Re: General EMP Thoughts

>Hmm... good point, so we could balance a 'blanket threshold' weapon
>against an 'average sized' ship, this would make it over expensive vs.
>smaller ships (but if you _must_ use a sledgehammer to crack a nut...
>:-), and underpriced vs. larger ships - which _could_ be an incentive
>create fleets with a proper distribution of ship sizes - if we handle
it
>right.

I know that I'm probably beginning to sound like a broken record
here, but I like to think that any given weapon is going to be
balanced properly against ANY ship.

While I see the point that people are making re: large vs. small
ships, I don't think that weapons mechanics are the proper venue to
address that imbalance.

Schoon

Prev: Re:FMAS names Next: Re: General EMP Thoughts