Prev: RE: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules Next: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

RE: General EMP Thoughts

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:20:30 -0800
Subject: RE: General EMP Thoughts

>[Bri] However, if you have 2 smaller ships of the same mass, they will
take
>6 threshold checks to the larger ship's 3 threshold checks.
Furthermore,
>they will take them quicker.

Yes, but the equivalent effect is the same. In other words, taking
one big threshold check on 20 systems produces similar results to
taking one threshold check each on 10 systems.

>[Bri] Your example is flawed in that the larger ship would not have
reached
>the 2nd threshold by the 2nd round, but one of the smaller ship would
have
>left or been "mission killed" by the 2nd round.

[snipped excellent example]

Well done on this. I concede the point. However, I still disagree
that adding a large-ship killer (in EMP form or otherwise) to the
game is the solution.

I actually feel that the fleet construction limits (must have 1
escort for every cruiser for every capital) is a reasonable way to
limit abuse.

I've always played mixed fleets simply because I understand the
purpose of escorts in the economic scheme of things (you can't use an
SDN as a customs cutter).

Prev: RE: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules Next: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons