Prev: Newbie Question Next: RE: Newbie Question

RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:12:47 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

Karl suggested
 >Attacker nominates three target systems, numbering them 1, 2, 3
 >Defender nominates 3 system (4,5,6). Throw a die to see which one is
 >hit.

Gan't say I like it much better. Aside from seeming somewhat needlish
rather
than EMP-ish, every EMP hit lengthens the game significantly, since
_both_
sides have to make a new list depending on the target and its state of
damage, _after_ a hit is determined, and then another die is rolled for
the
hit. If several hits are on the smae ship, one or both lists will have
to be
modified for each subsequent hit.

I'd sure hate it if EMP weapons determined this way were the primaries
of my
opposing fleet. The more I think about it, the less I like non-shipwide
threshold checks (even on my own designs) as a practical game mechanic.
still advocate "Firer choses threshold check order" or "target choses
order"
or (second best) "Firer and target alternate chosing order" if you
really
want to deal non-shipwide EMP hits in a way that won't slow the game as
much.

Prev: Newbie Question Next: RE: Newbie Question