Prev: RE: MT Missile Question Next: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:43:23 +0000
Subject: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

<417DEC289A05D4118408000102362E0A54C94C@host-253.bitheads.com>,
>"Bar
>clay, Tom" writes:
>>
>> I hope Jon's business grows and prospers. But I sure hope he doesn't
feel
>> compelled to reinvent rules for the sake of re-selling me the game.
That
>> will have the same effect on the existing player base (or most of it)
that
>> GW and SFB and others have had....
>
>I don't care much for GW, but they're not making tons of money by
having
>a net loss of customers.

Well, according to some sources they're not making tons of money,
period.....  ;-)

But no, I hope we'll never reinvent rules for the sake of it (or for
marketing purposes) - the only time we'll change things is if we
honestly
feel we're improving the games by doing so, as we did with the FT
additions
in FB1 and 2. Sometimes there are things that look great on paper, and
even
survive playtesting, but then after they've been out in the wide gaming
world for a few months/years and been pulled and twisted by lots of
players, then you realise that there was a better way of doing it -
that's
where new editions SHOULD come in.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: MT Missile Question Next: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain