Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: Re: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats?

RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:02:23 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

> > For randomly determining which system will be affected, how about:
> >
> > Attacker nominates three target systems, numbering them 1, 2, 3
> > Defender nominates 3 system (4,5,6). Throw a die to see which one is
> > hit.
>
> Hmm... Yes, I think I like that idea - gets rid of a need for a list.

Sounds interesting but you would have to almost write down or mark each
target system to prevent problems (I said a 4 was the FTL not the
screen,
etc)

I do suggest that someone run some games with these mechanics to compare
them.  They may seem good or bad on paper but how they work during a
game
may differ.

>From an earlier message:
> I'm not totally happy with the 'priority list' approach, largely
because
the
> list adds more info that needs to be recorded

Well the Ion Cannons I have are used as a genre weapon so this may give
them
some allowance to be more complicated, but I put the weapon info on the
SCS
including the damage list.  When and Ion Cannon scores some hits, the
players seem to stop any side discussions and pay attention to see what
systems if any go down, knowing it can strip screens from a ship making
it a
jucy target or it could take out the fire cons so you don't have to
worry
about return fire.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/

Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: Re: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats?