Prev: RE: (OT) What I love to hate was Re: [OT] Mini Pictures Next: Re: (OT) What I love to hate was Re: [OT] Mini Pictures

Re: (OT) What I love to hate was Re: [OT] Mini Pictures

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:45:57 +0000
Subject: Re: (OT) What I love to hate was Re: [OT] Mini Pictures

"Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:

> I am somewhat with Daniel here.
>
> I understand wanting to present a professional appearance on a web
site. But
> I believe most gamers would be thrilled to have their miniatures
pictured on
> the miniatures company's web site. I believe most would GLADLY allow
their
> pictures to be used for the high price of giving them credit for the
> paint/picture.
>
> I believe that miniature companies would benefit greatly from this,
almost
> free, source of pictures. While some of the pictures and paint are of
> limited skill (speaking of mine, not particularly anyone else's),
displaying
> a miniature with a mediocre paint job is better than making the
potential
> customer guess at what the miniature looks like.

At the moment we have a policy of showing pictures of (mostly) unpainted
models on our (Brigade Models) site. In this way the gamer sees exactly
what he gets in the flesh, rather than what an expert modeller / painter
could do with what could possibly be a very average model. I've been
fooled before, even when buying from shows, into buying what turn out to
be average models from a stand because they were displayed with a
fantastic paint job.

When we get around to putting up pictures of painted stuff, the
unpainted pictures will remain so that prospective buyers can see
exactly what they're getting.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer