Prev: RE: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Re: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats?

[FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats?

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:02:37 -0500
Subject: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats?

Hi folks,

Has anybody done any research/playtesting with one-shot Pulse torps i.e.
the as SMRs are to SMLs, then these things are to regular Pulse torps.
(I call them PT Racks.)  I checked the archives back as far as I have
them searchable, but I couldn't find anything back to Jan. 2000.

In particular, I'm thinking of something that would fit with UNSC
destroyers, and those 'torpedo' racks they've got slung underneath.
(The part I'm thinking of reminds me of the torpedo tubes that certain
US WWII destroyers carried amidships.)	That kind of argues for
either a) 4 'torpedo fighter' style P-torps, or 2 'one-shot' ship
size torpedo racks (two tubes form each torpedo launcher -- one
is the actual 'tube', while the other tube forms the plasma
generator, etc.)

Or, it could also be that, while I was putting my UNSC minis together,
I got the parts mixed up (damned modularity (8-) ), and so I've got
things that actually should go on the light/heavy cruiser.  (8-)

Thanks,
JGH
--
  *** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan ***
"Here's a very serious song, the deep philosophical undertones I'm sure

Prev: RE: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Re: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats?