Prev: Re: IF ship photos Next: Re: FT-Fire arcs

Re: [DS] Towed Artillery

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:13:03 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery

>Second, I need something to do the towing. Any vehicle/figure
>suggestions on that front? I thought about the civilian/MP GEV van by
>GZG, but it seems too large for the role. And I think a tracked or
>wheeled vehicle may go better with the guns.

A friend of mine gave me a pack GHQ minis that I use as ammunition
carriers
for my self propelled artillery that might fill the bill for towing
Artillery. They are the 548 cargo carrier based on the M113 hull. They
are
tracked vehicles that IMO look appropriate for a low tech DS force that
would be towing artillery around. An image is at
http://www.ghqmodels.com/modern/n50.html

If you want to go with wheeled vehicles then GHQ's modern German
transport
vehicles might be the way to go.  I have some MAN 7.5 ton truck
miniatures
that I use for my low tech Dirt Side army.The people I have played Dirt
Side with don't recognize them so they pass as futuristic. But then
again I
don't live in Germany. Image: http://www.ghqmodels.com/modern/n83.html.
want to get some of the MAN 10 ton trucks because they look cool too.
Image: http://www.ghqmodels.com/modern/n84.html.

Good hunting,

Ndege Diamond--Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

Prev: Re: IF ship photos Next: Re: FT-Fire arcs