Prev: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain Next: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery

[DS] Towed Artillery

From: Noel Weer <nsweer@i...>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:37:04 -0600
Subject: [DS] Towed Artillery

When I was down at Winter War in Champaign, IL. the other day there was
a vendor unloading a bunch of old micro-armor, mostly odds-n-ends. I
picked up some towed artillery, thinking their guns would make nice
additions to scratch built defensive emplacements... but with them
sitting in front of me, they look really good as traditional artillery.
I want to keep 4 of them for a battery of light guns, it should be fun.
:)

Questions that come up:

First, have any of you that play Dirtside used towed artillery? Any
lessons learned?

Second, I need something to do the towing. Any vehicle/figure
suggestions on that front? I thought about the civilian/MP GEV van by
GZG, but it seems too large for the role. And I think a tracked or
wheeled vehicle may go better with the guns.

And finally, any mounting suggestions to identify when they are limbered

Prev: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain Next: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery