Prev: Re: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM Next: Re: [FT] Gravity

Re: photo catalog was: 6-10mm ST Bugs

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:57:12 +0100
Subject: Re: photo catalog was: 6-10mm ST Bugs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@disney.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 1:23 AM
Subject: RE: 6-10mm ST Bugs

> OK, I understand that some people are breaking copyrights and so
> want to hide. Great, but they are not the norm. What about Adler
> Miniatures and their Dark Star line or Scotia and all of their sci-fi
> stuff? I could go on, but I think you understand my point.
> If the company listing says "S'orhan High Orbital Re-entry Vehicle"
> or "M62 Montgomery Earlier MBT" there is no way I will know what that
is
> without a picture. Let alone those who list says "Infantry in Power
Armour".
> And I am not rich enough to just order miniatures and hope I will like
> them and want them.
>
> (Wish I was though :-)

It's a very general problem hardly related to copyright. There are lots
of
sales sites on the web featuring Orcs, Roman Legionaries, Napoleon's Old
Guard or Waffen-SS Officers without pictures. Even if you have an idea
of
dress and equipment, this doesn't tell you what they really look like.
But
this isn't confined to websites. I have lots of paper catalogues with no
or
very few pictures, or perhaps just sketches. Pity really.

I know it takes effort and money to build a graphic website, but a plain
text list is a deterrent to buying, especially if you don't know the
company
and have no idea of the quality of their product.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM Next: Re: [FT] Gravity