Prev: Re: ECC: Early Birds? Next: Re: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM

Re: SMLs, fire control & arcs

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:38:26 -0800
Subject: Re: SMLs, fire control & arcs

> > One working FCS will suffice for any number of MT missiles and/or
SML; the
> > same FCS may be used for direct-fire (eg beam) weapons as well.
>
> If this is true, why does the Foch class SDN have five FCS's.  It
has almost as
> many FCS as beams.

If the FSE were enlighted, instead of ignorant pagans, they'd have
embraced Submission to the Will of Allah and be following the Path of
Righteousness.	 Since their understanding is darkened and their
spirits labor in confusion, you would naturally expect them to design
ships which are less efficient than the ideal.

(i.e., I don't know)

> If it is not actually written anywhere, I would use the
> rules for energy mines from the Bab5 Earthforce supplement: One FCS
is needed
> to launch a group of SM's.  A group is all SM salvoes in a 6mu
circle.  FCS
> used for guiding missiles may not do anything else.

Since SML/SMR are placed in the Fighter/Missile phase, and direct fire
done in the Fire phase, Jon didn't want anyone to have to track which

Prev: Re: ECC: Early Birds? Next: Re: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM