Prev: Re: DS Unit Question Next: Re:FT SV

Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:54:14 +1100
Subject: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

G'day Bob,

 > How do you simulate surprise?

I know its not counter terrorism exactly, but with my Greys I spend an
awful lot of time hidden, it doesn't take long before you get used to
moving up multiple markers (true and dummy markers, like for snipers but

representing whole squad not just a sniper). We've also played a bit
with a
system that when in cover (like woods etc) then we don't have to roll
quality die, but the opposition can do an opportunity spotters roll
(heard
a rustling in the bushes or something), if successful with both die then

you're placed on the table (spotlight!!!) if only one of their die is
successful then they flip a chit of their choice... sometimes they see
you
sometimes they don't ;)

Works pretty well and makes for people jumping at shadows.

We also start with setups where a few are on guard and the rest off
doing
more domestic stuff, so it takes time for them to get organised and into

place anyway. The fun is seeing what short cuts they're willing to make
be ready on time once the call goes out that somethings a foot - comes
from
playing far too much gun slinger I'd say ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: DS Unit Question Next: Re:FT SV