Prev: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain Next: Re: DS Unit Question

Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:47:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age

Corey Burger wrote:

> At 12:01 PM 2/3/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >Popeyes said:
> >Amen, brother Amphibian! Youth is life blood to our war gaming hobby
-
> >especially to those of us who enjoy "historical" war gaming. If we
> >don't
> >bring in the GW Warhammer victims and the D&D players, we are fools
> >indeed.
>
> Not all pre-teens and recently non-pre-teens started out marching in
step
> with the evil empire. I for one, was saved by my older brother before
that
> happened, although even he almost was converted. And as for D&D, I
started
> playing after I was a well established non-GW wargamer, which is to
say,
> IMHO, a real wargamer

What is really annoying is that GW had the occassional good game.
Adeptus
Titanicus and the first edition Space Marines were very good, but
required too
much brain power for their target audience, so they were redesigned
(very
dumbed down), repackaged, and re-released in a way that was more
lucrative,

Prev: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain Next: Re: DS Unit Question