Prev: Re: FTII and Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain Next: RE: [FT] Nanite Colony (was: Devourers)

DS Unit Question

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:15:37 -0800
Subject: DS Unit Question

Hello All,

I have read the rules twice through and am now attempting to create a
"force". I did run into one question, can a "unit" have more then one
kind
of "element" in it?

I was thinking of having a unit with 2 AV6 VTOLS with 1 four men stand
and 1
two men stand each, and 2 AV9 VTOLS. That would give me a unit with four
troop elements and four VTOL elements. I was thinking the infantry,
mounted
inside the two transport VTOL and the two gunship VTOL would use their
speed
to "react" and go to where they where needed. If the situation required,
then dump the infantry on spot or if need be, hit the problem with "fly
by"
type attacks etc.

Would this work within the rules?
Even if it works within the rules would it work as a unit on the table?
Should I just keep the troops as their own unit and the VTOLS in their
own
units?

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Prev: Re: FTII and Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain Next: RE: [FT] Nanite Colony (was: Devourers)