Prev: [FT] PBC, GPL Next: Re: FTII and Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmako@c...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:53:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

Jon,

Sounds like some good ideas on this.  I think it also has the makings of
an
excellent solo game.  Set up the terrorist rules and then see if you can
crack them.  Or better yet, have a friend set up the rules, you game it
and
try to crack it then send it back to them with a revised set of
patrol/guard
rules.	Could make for an interesting way to maximize the defense of a
position.

For surprise I would almost go with loss of action for that round along
with
downward shift in defense die.

Another interesting thing I have heard is that when entering a room with
an
assailant that is ready for you the second person through the door is
more
often hit than the first due to reaction time.	Wonder if anyone reading
has
any data on this?

Good ideas, can't wait to see them at the ECC!

Bob Makowsky

>Mike Richie and I have a few ideas in mind.

>In a hostage situation, the terrorists will have adopted a "standard"
operating
>procedure in terms of placements, sentry duties, and communication.
They
will
>continue in that procedure until activated by an alert or an attack.

>The CT operatives will have the benefit of preparing an attack plan
based
on
>the terrain layout and intelligence from the gamemaster.

>A few things to simulate...
>Sound suppressed weapons (activation rules)
>Flash-bang grenades (suppression)
>Ambush

>I don't know if the FMA draft rules contain rules for surprise, but I
can
imagine
>that a surprised figure would defend at two or more die shifts down in
the
first