Prev: Re: [GZG ECC IV] Lancaster Brunswick Hotel contact problem Next: FT-Fighter & MT missile movement

FTII and Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:33:18 -0600
Subject: FTII and Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

***
> How do you simulate surprise?  Surprise and swift decisive action seem
be
> the traits of CT Ops.  FMA definitely suits but I wonder how you keep
those
> Ts in check.
>
> Bob Makowsky
> USCG SAR
In a hostage situation, the terrorists will have adopted a "standard"
operating
procedure in terms of placements, sentry duties, and communication.
They
will
continue in that procedure until activated by an alert or an attack.
***

Depending how quickly things 'go wrong' for the CT side, couldn't this
give
the terrorist players a fair amount of time twiddling thumbs? Unless,
you
pre-plot the CT's and start when the alert goes up.

One idea might be that the players run the CT's and the terrorists are
'automated' or controlled by the GM's. Depending on just how sadistic
you
are. ;->=

By the by, Bob, I recently got a lecture from my non-gaming, not
terribly
informed on military matters, SO on how the USCG is so overworked,
between
really dumb people on the ocean and all the many and varied
interdictions
the service is asked to carry out. I think it may have come shortly
after
Perfect Storm came out.

As she's usually asking me for info, I thought you'd be interested that
'mundanes' seem to be getting the word. ;->=

Back on list, if not posted, topic, I was wondering if anyone had worked
up
FTII scenarios for police cruiser-style situations. I know back in
Traveller, the role-playing could give plenty of opportunities for
interaction with authorities in less than battlegroup strength.

In these, I'm assuming surprise would tend to be towards the patrol
craft;
as you're approaching that yacht failing to reply, you never know if
it's a
perfectly law-abiding citizen comm down, or smuggler crazed enough not
be willing to be taken alive, or ...?

I've a friend who's not interested in FTII because all he's seen are
meeting engagements; piracy on the space lanes might well get his
attention. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG ECC IV] Lancaster Brunswick Hotel contact problem Next: FT-Fighter & MT missile movement