Prev: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age Next: FT-AF SML

Re: [Semi-OT] Making alien terrain

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:42:37 +1100
Subject: Re: [Semi-OT] Making alien terrain

G'day Jon,

 >I've seen a number of "geomorphic"
 >sections of urban terrain mounted on
 >2' x 2' thin plywood which allows
 >for configurable terrain pieces.

We've been thinking about that kind of thing too. We're not going to go
for
terrain squares or octagons (at times like this you wish you hadn't
given
away your set of terrain octagons to your father/father-in-law), but
will
have some hills/pieces that can be mixed-n-matched together. We'll also
have some stand alone stuff. The relative amounts of each depends on how

easy this all works out to be.

 >Foamcore is my preferred
 >choice for the base and walls
 >for a three story embassy building.

Cool.

 >I'm also envisioning a large one story
 >villa for a drug lord assassination attack.

Different ;)
Are you going to go for brick work, plaster or flat effect to the wall
surfaces?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age Next: FT-AF SML