Prev: FT-UN starships, and improved hulls Next: Re: FT-UN starships, and improved hulls

Re: FT-Help needed with new weapons

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:06:05 -0800
Subject: Re: FT-Help needed with new weapons

BIF (by the way...are those initials?) said:
> I have ideas for some new weapons, and require help with balancing
and/or
> damage effect (see gravitic pulse lance).

I don't mind battleship weapons and, once I figure out how you intend
to roll damage, I may say (not that anyone is impressed by my opinion)
that this is the way to go about it.  However, I'd like to give the
small ships *some* advantage--something like "thrust capacity not
applied to velocity changes may be used for evasive maneuvering.

"One thrust point of Evasive Maneuring increases the effective
range-to-target of all incoming fire by 3mu.  Exceptions: salvo
missiles, MT missiles, fighters, and plasma bursts (possibly MKP and
submunitions)."

Prev: FT-UN starships, and improved hulls Next: Re: FT-UN starships, and improved hulls