Prev: [OT] RIP Gordon R. Dickson Next: Re: Fumes, MC's as protection, and GW LotR & Age

Re: [OT] another modelling Q

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:37:29 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT] another modelling Q

G'day guys,

Allan of the great ideas wrote:
 >I've got asthma as well, but mine is
 >allergy based. I know how you feel,
 >though.

Mine's everything based, dust, fumes, running, laughing (hard to avoid)
and
allergies (one red lifesaver and I have a massive asthma attack and go
hyper active, never a good combination). Makes for some interesting
moments ;)

 >I haven't found any glues that are fume free.

Thanks I thought that might be the case.

 >Have you thought of making a fume hood?

Nope, but not a bad idea!!!!! I don't think I'm handy enough to make one

for myself but I'll look into getting one made once I start work in
July,
thanks!

Corey offered;
 >Again, I must champion the cause of white glue,

I use that for flocking and stuff, but its just not strong enough when
it
comes to scratch building stuff. Thanks anyway.

The beast of eternal wisdom wrote:
 >Have you tried gas mask or other
 >activated charcoal breather

That's not a bad idea either!

 >By the way, a friend at work has been
 >clinically dead at least twice from
 >his asthma

I've seen my fair share of oxygen tents (they suck!) and have had oxygen

blood contents that were undetectable twice. IF anything its just made
me
determined not to let it stand in my way - though I was forced to give
up
diving (ran the risk until Lachy came along then thought better of how
stupid I'd been).

I'll leave Derek to answer for himself with regard to the other matters
;)

Thanks for all the help guys.

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [OT] RIP Gordon R. Dickson Next: Re: Fumes, MC's as protection, and GW LotR & Age