Prev: Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again Next: Re: modelling thanks

Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:37:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>

> Wow, great tech-speak, Beth.	<grin>
>
> Let's see if my Evil, Luddite [nay border line traditionalist]
> Cartographically bent  mind got this straight.  If trends keep going
and
> there is no significant social, technological or moral break through
> [none of which is assured or even likely] The world might suffer a
major
> wide spread collapse.  Stock market crash?  (Oops did that in 1929)
> World War? (Hmm did that starting in the mid 1930's through the mid
> 1940's)

1914-1945.  Also 1787-1815 (Napoleonics), the earlier part of the
1700's (Austrian or Spanish Succession? don't recall without looking
it up), and 1618-1648 (Thirty Years War).  All in all, that part of
the century doesn't seem like a good time to go into harm's way.

Did I mention that, according to military white papers published by
the PRChina, they expect a war with the US "in the next few years"?  I
recall 2008 being mentioned.

Prev: Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again Next: Re: modelling thanks