Prev: RE: [OT] Any Mech-experts in the audience? Next: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings

Re: [OT] FASA is Closing

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:20:50 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] FASA is Closing

<maserati@flash.net>
>wrote:
>
>>The computer game is already out. 24 missions, a dozen customizable
>>aircraft, and a very forgiving flight model. It's more an
>>airplane-based shooter than a flight sim, but its realistic enough
>>that real air combat tactics work, and easy enough that anybody can
>>fly.
>
>It's been out for a while. When it first came out it was reviewed as
being
>buggier than an anthill. No review I saw recommended it, mostly for
this
>reason. Did they knock out the bugs? It seemed like a classic case of
rushing
>the software for marketing reasons.

All the reviews I saw did indeed warn about the bugs. If it'll work
on your system, you'll enjoy it immensely. Otherwise, forget it. Try
the demo. That might even be enough for some people.

It works splendidly on a (my) Pressario 5660 with botha  Voodoo 5 and
an 8MB ATI card. Definitely a joystick game tho.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza

Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: RE: [OT] Any Mech-experts in the audience? Next: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings