Prev: Re: [FT/DS/SG] Weapons/Defense Systems Archive Next: Re: [FT] FTSC 1.5

Re: IMCLS (RE: FT-HET Lasers)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:40:30 +0100
Subject: Re: IMCLS (RE: FT-HET Lasers)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>
> > Well, there's the Illuminati Mind Control Laser System....	Short
range,
> > ignores armor entirely, but each level of shielding reduces the
effective
> > range by, say, 6" or so....
> On paper this looks workable, John:
>
> Illuminati Mind Control Laser System
> Mass: 3 (6 arcs)
> Range: 6"
> The system rolls 4 die, less 1 per screen level.  For each 5-6 rolled,
1
CF
> mutinies and fights a boarding action against the "loyalist" crew.  If
any
> sixes are rolled, a single hull box is destroyed by the fighting in
that
> turn (maximum of 1 hull box for the turn regardless of number of
mutineers
> or IMCLS systems used).
> The boarding action doesn't reduce available boarding parties, as the
crew
> are assumed to have been subdued or otherwise removed from mind
control
> (often to the brig).
> If the mutineers win (or all crew mutiny) treat the vessel as Bridge
> Destroyed for the rest of the game; however the ship will make minimal
> manouevres in order to avoid terrain (asteroids, planets, exploding
suns
> etc) and will repair any core systems currently damaged.

I had been toying around with a similar idea, but without using the
boarding
action rules (I don't have MT).

Attacking player designates a system on the enemy ship (or, rather, the
crew
members operating that system) for each dice throw.
Determine mind control 'hits' as described above.
If a 5 is thrown that system's operator is confused, dazed, goes berserk
or
is otherwise out of action. It takes the rest of the crew 1 turn to get
him
out of the way and to return to normal operations
If a 6 is thrown, that system's operator is actually under the
attacker's
control. The controlled crewman can use it do actually harm the
defenders.
It takes the rest of the crew 1 turn to get him out of the way and to
return
to normal operations

Effect on various systems:

One Weapon:
Dice throw of 5: Weapon cannot fire for one whole turn.
Dice throw of 6: Weapon fires under enemy control.
Note that missiles shot in this phase are placed by the enemy, but will
still not attack ships of their own side - Their IFF system is
autonomous.

One FCS and ADFC:
5/6 System down for one turn.

Fighter bays:
5 No fighters can be launched/recovered from one bay this turn
6 1 Squadron of Fighters launched and moved as the controller wishes.
They
will not attack a friendly ship.

Launched Fighter squadron (targeted as a separate system)
5 Fighters move as controller wishes
6 Fighters move and attack (even own side) as controller wishes

Bridge
5 Ship continues moving on previous course next turn
6 Ship moves under enemy control

Engines
5 Ship can only turn OR change velocity, not both (in vector: either
turn or
thrust)
6 Ship moves under enemy control

Damage Control
5 One party cannot be used
6 No damage control this turn

Life Support/Reactor Core/FTL
Safe against this kind of sabotage

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [FT/DS/SG] Weapons/Defense Systems Archive Next: Re: [FT] FTSC 1.5