Prev: Re: [OT] FASA is Closing Next: Re: Scales again (froth, gibber!)

Re: FT-HET Lasers

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:11:09 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-HET Lasers

How about a "real" shield...something that attempts to stop everything
that hits
the ship?  Several scifi settings have these types of shields (Classic
Star Trek
for example), but FT doesn't have anything like this.

A few ways to handle it:
A.  Make it an "optional" or "gener" device. (like the wave guns, cloak,
ect.
Ie: not in the offical fleets/setting.)
B. Make it bigger/costly.
C. Give it to somebody that the known races hasn't encountered yet...

Having weapons that can go through shields and/or armor makes FT seem
too much
like Starfire...and I stopped playing that game when I discovered the
"unfixable" flaw.

Donald Hosford