Prev: Re: FT-HET Laers Next: [FT/DS/SG] Volunteers for GenCon...

RE: Kinetic Shields

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:34:13 +1100
Subject: RE: Kinetic Shields

The question is; how to apply game effects.  This is the only balanced
way I
can see at the moment.

Kinetic shields
Cost:		as per energy screens
Symbol: 	screens inside a hexagon.

Pulsetorps:	reduce each hit's damage by shield rating.
Submunitions:	normal shield reduction applies as per beams
K-guns: 	reduce each hit's damage by shield rating (after
doubling)
MKP:		reduce each hit's damage by shield rating.
Scatterguns:	no effect
No other effect against energy weapons that affect energy screens.

Only one type of screen can be active at one time & must be physically
written in the orders which is active.
****
Not overly effective, but retrofitting into existing ships becomes easy.
They shouldn't be allowed in one-off games against KV, as it gives human
ships a slight advantage.  Should be alright for campaign or tournament
play, where energy fleets can return the favor.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM