Prev: Re: Trek ship identification? Next: Re: Scales again (froth, gibber!)

Re: [OT] FASA is Closing

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:48:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] FASA is Closing

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:34:14 -0800, Michael Llaneza <maserati@flash.net>
wrote:

>The computer game is already out. 24 missions, a dozen customizable
>aircraft, and a very forgiving flight model. It's more an
>airplane-based shooter than a flight sim, but its realistic enough
>that real air combat tactics work, and easy enough that anybody can
>fly.

It's been out for a while. When it first came out it was reviewed as
being
buggier than an anthill. No review I saw recommended it, mostly for this
reason. Did they knock out the bugs? It seemed like a classic case of
rushing
the software for marketing reasons.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Trek ship identification? Next: Re: Scales again (froth, gibber!)