Prev: RE: [FT] Accelerated Play Next: Re: IF and needles

RE: FT-Command & control

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:32:41 -0500
Subject: RE: FT-Command & control

Interesting idea.

I would suggest making it similar to an ADFC (mass 2, cost 8). The
symbol
represents the command communications relay.

One other thing that it could do is to allow a group of ships within 6"
of
the ship with a Command Bridge to move as a unit when using cinematic
movement. By this, I mean if the squadron has 4 ships plus the ship with
the
CB, movement orders are written for the command ship and the rest of the
ship follow, but stay in formation (i.e. if ship A is 2" ahead and 1"
left
of the command ship, it will still be 3" ahead and 2" left of the
command
ship after they make a 3 point turn to the starboard.

		     @
	   /-------------A
	  /  /--------C
	 A  /
	   /
	  C	       A and C represent starting and ending
		       points. @ indicates where A would have
		       normally ended up.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org
-----

[snip]
> Mass-5
> Cost-15
> Notes-Considered a core system, adds a second bridge symbol (with a F
> added
> to represent the flag bridge) on the core systems. Also allows a extra
> crew
> factor in boarding actions (if used), to represent the extra marines
> carried
> for Admeral protection duties.

[snip]