Prev: Re: [FT] Planets Next: [OT] Math

Re: [SG2] 2 questions

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:44:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] 2 questions

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:57:40 -0500, Yves Lefebvre <ivanohe@abacom.com>
wrote:

>Transferring Actions :
>
>Can a command element transfer one action to an independent figure?
With a
>sniper, this seems too powerfull. In our last game, we had rule it was
not
>possible after seeing my sniper killing 2 leaders in a turn!

Yes, it is possible.

I haven't found it a problem. My snipers are the opposite of yours and
tend to
get killed easily. *S*

Losing a leader, while nasty, results in one casualty and maybe a couple
of
suppression markers. Compare that to transferring an action to a squad
and
having it conduct fire combat. It could do the same thing but with more
casualties.

Play some more games and you'll probably see that the independent sniper
is
powerful, like a small squad, but that allowing it to get a Transfer
Action
isn't overpowering.

>Overruns and follow-through attacks:
>
>In doing close combat, if the defender withdraw and the attacker decide
>do an overrun and succed, what exactly happen? The rule says that you
>should do another Close assault combat. Does it means that the defender
>need to do a new confidence test and possibly flee again?

It is rather vague, isn't it?

I'm trying to remember how we did it. I believe we had the defender
making a
Confidence Test. So, with the overrun, it is possible for the defender
to run
away. However, if it does, we didn't allow a second overrun move by the
attacker.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: [FT] Planets Next: [OT] Math